Technical Support Agent
Founded in 2004, TTNC is a multi-award-winning Communications Provider that supports over 16,000 business customers. These customers range from sole traders and small businesses through to large corporations and agencies.
TTNC started from a desire to put power and flexibility into the hands of the customer. We continue to put our customers first and ensure we provide a fair, honest service with no hidden surprises.
We currently have a vacancy to join our expanding Technical Support Team.
Working closely with our Customer Services team, you will be responsible for providing technical support to customers; troubleshooting, managing and resolving technical enquiries in accordance with an SLA.
You will also have opportunities to get involved with other activities such as complex number configurations, maintaining documentation and VoIP/SIP support, including hardware provisioning.
Working as part of a small team from our offices in Chelmsford, you will be trained, managed and supported by our Technical Support Manager.
Once you have passed your probation period, you will be required to cover our emergency out of hours rota, one week a month (from home). You will be paid an additional £15 per call taken outside of office hours.
- Provide great customer service.
- The first point of contact for customers via the phone, email and Live Chats.
- Providing advice and guidance to customers and prospective customers.
- Supporting customers with managing their account and services.
- Setting up services via our online control panel.
- Troubleshooting and debugging technical enquiries.
- Escalating support tickets when applicable.
- Communicating with 3rd parties and suppliers.
- Testing services and features.
- Monitoring services and infrastructure.
- Provide internal IT assistance and support.
- Bulk configuration changes and requests.
Essential Qualities & Experience
- Excellent computer skills and experience in using business systems such as CRMs and helpdesks.
- An excellent telephone manner and experience in handling calls from customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good team player and collaborative attitude.
- Well organised and self-motivated.
- Have an interest in technology and its application.
These skills would be nice to have but not essential.
- Familiar with using an Apple Mac and associated software.
- Experience in the communications industry.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic MySQL knowledge.
- Basic understanding of VoIP/SIP.
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Math’s at grade C or above is essential.
- Preferably educated to an A-level or equivalent qualification standard.
Salary, Benefits & Location
This is a full time, permanent role.
Monday to Friday – 09.00 to 17.00 with a 1-hour lunch break.
The salary is £22,000 per year plus a bonus which is currently around £2,500 per person per year (paid quarterly).
You’ll be working in our recently refurbished building in the heart of Chelmsford which is a 2-minute walk from the train station and central bus station.
We’ll provide you with a new Apple Mac laptop, two decent LCD monitors, as well as any other office equipment you need, other benefits include:
- 30 days holiday per year
- Quarterly bonus
- Company contributed pension
- Refer-a-friend to TTNC scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Bike to work scheme
- Free tea and coffee
- Free food on Fridays
- Technology loans
- Employee Assistance Programme
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com with a covering note outlining why you’d be the right person for this job and your responsibilities where you’re currently working.
Please note - Due to the high volume of applications we receive it’s not possible to respond to all of them. If your application is successful, we will contact you within 7 days for an informal telephone interview. If you do not hear from us within 7 days, it means that your application wasn't successful.
No canvassing from recruitment agencies.