Port your telephone number to TTNC
What does porting a number mean? Number Porting means transferring the management and billing of a telephone number from one service provider to another. This means you can keep the same telephone number but change your service provider.
If you have a telephone number that you'd like to move to TTNC, you would port it to us.
- It costs £25 +VAT per submission when requesting to port a number. Once a number has been ported to TTNC, you pay £20 a year to renew the use of that number.
- It takes between just 7 and 10 working days for a number port to complete. *
- Your number stays active with your old provider right up until it switches to us. There's no downtime; we simply let you know once the port is complete and we've taken responsibility for your number.
* Based on porting a single number. Porting multiple numbers can take longer.
Why port a telephone number to TTNC?
- You want to keep your phone number because you're moving, or just don't want to pay line rental anymore.
- You want lower call forwarding charges and to save hundreds of pounds a year.
- You want better customer services and more advanced call solutions.
- You want real time, online Call Statistics and itemised billing for your number.
- You want an online control panel to manage your number and account (we call it myTTNC).
- You want to have all of your numbers with TTNC.
What type of telephone numbers can be ported?
We can port in most UK Numbers beginning with 01, 02, 03 and 08 from more than 50 other providers.
COLT Technology Services
Eurobell (Holdings) Limited
Gamma Telecom Holdings Ltd
GCI Network Solutions
Hello Telecom UK
i-Net Communications Group
IP Wholesale Ltd
KCOM Group PLC
Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications Ltd
Magrathea Telecommunications Ltd
National Telephone Assistance
Net-Work Internet Ltd
Orange Business Holdings
Red Matter (Natterbox)
Spitfire Network Services Ltd
TalkTalk Communications Limited
Verizon UK Ltd
Virgin Media Business Limited
Virgin Media Wholesale Limited
Vodafone (Your Comms)
Voicenet Solutions Ltd (8*8)
Use the tool below to check the information for any UK telephone number. If this shows that your number was allocated to one of the providers listed above, then we should be able to port that number to TTNC.* We are unable to port Non-geographic numbers from this provider
How do I port my number to TTNC?
To keep your existing number we do all the administration and hard work for you and within 7 to 10 working days your account will be switched to us. If you would like to go ahead and port your number/s to TTNC then please follow these steps:
Begin your port submission
Please note: If the number was attached to a physical line (such as a single line BT number) then that line will automatically be ceased when the port takes place.
Without getting too technical, here is how the Number Porting process works:
- The end user (the user of the telephone number, you) fills out the relevant porting forms required by the gaining provider (such as us, TTNC).
- The gaining provider then communicates with the losing provider (such as BT), passing on the request to port away from them.
- The losing provider verifies that the porting request is valid.
- Following this validation they then agree to the porting request with the gaining provider.
- Once the gaining provider has this agreement in place with the losing provider, they can then prepare the services needed for the number being ported ready for the agreed porting time.
- At the agreed time, the losing provider ports the number to the gaining provider. This change of provider is updated on the UK public network so all calls will be forward to the gaining providers network.