You don't want to miss a call and miss an opportunity, but sometimes there are only so many calls you can take at any one time.
Call Queuing is a common solution to this problem. We've all been kept on hold at some point; no one really likes it, but at least you can try and make the experience as painless as possible.
- If your phone lines are busy, you can place any new callers in a queue
- This means you'll stop missing calls and potential business
- Serenade your callers in the queue with music on hold or periodically play a message
- Great for those who get a lot of calls, or simply have less people to answer the phones
£1101 year Save 8%
£2102 year Save 13%
How does Call Queuing work?
- As your calls come in and all of the destinations you're forwarding to become busy, we'll start to stack your calls.
- The callers will wait while we continue to try your destinations until one becomes available.
- While they're waiting they can be played music and hear messages about your products/services so you're making the most of the time they're waiting.
Watch the Call Queuing setup guide (01:33)
Ordering a Call Management Package or Bolt On
First, you'll need to order a number by using our search tool below
Once you've found and selected a number, you'll be able to add a Package or Bolt On to your order.
Setting up Call Queuing
Using our online control panel, myTTNC, you have complete control over your Call Queuing set up to be customised to best suit you, your business and how you want your customers to be handled. Have a look at the options below to consider how you might set up your call queuing:
Music on hold
Rather than hearing a continuous ringing tone your customer could be listening to music. Our default piece is called 'Deliberate Thought', but you could use any other licensed piece or use one from our studio (studio pieces are an additional £35 plus VAT). Go to our Professional Voice Recording page to hear some samples.
You can decide how long a customer is kept on hold. This can be as long or as short as you'd like. When it does time out you can connect this with our voicemail service (even this can be customised by adding Voicemail Pro).
While your customer holds you can deliver a message to them. This can be created by you or by our professional voice artists. You can even decide how often they hear it (30 seconds is the default timing).
For a more detailed run down of setting up Call Queuing, check out our help page.
Call queuing FAQ's
When in the queue, my callers just hear ringing. Why isn't music being played?
By default your callers will just hear ringing. You will need to set up music on hold.