Time Based Forwarding is an automated service which enables you to control where you take your calls based on the time of day, or the day of the week.
You can create 'time plans' that meet the needs of your business and efficiently manage where and when your calls are being answered with the minimum of effort.
- Automatically adjust your number's setup based on the time of day
- Create different time plans for different times of the day, days of the week
- You could answer the calls during your business hours and then forward all calls direct to voicemail out of hours
- Once you've set Time Based Forwarding up, we take care of the changes so you can spend more time running your business and less time configuring your phones
£120.011 year Save 8%
£229.112 year Save 13%
How does Time Based Forwarding work?
- Your business has set opening hours during the week, say 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Create a time plan that will forward your calls to your office during the opening hours then automatically switch your calls to reach you on your mobile outside of this.
- Alternatively, forward your calls to your mobile during your opening hours, then forward your calls straight to our Voicemail service when you're done for the day.
Ordering a Call Management Package or Bolt On
First, you'll need to order a number by using our search tool below
Once you've found and selected a number, you'll be able to add a Package or Bolt On to your order.
Setting up Time Based Forwarding
Time Based Forwarding is a very powerful service. But with myTTNC, our advanced online control panel, we've made it simple to set up.
Creating a time plan
The first thing you'll need to do is set up a time plan. You do this by assigning a nickname, selecting the days of the week you want this time plan to take effect on and then by selecting a start and finish time.
Setting up your time plans
With the time plan created, simply click on it and set it up the same as you would a normal number. We include a default time plan called 'At any other time' which works exactly as you'd expect; when no other time plans are in effect.
If you get stuck setting up your time plans, you'll find detailed instructions on the Help Centre.
Time Based Forwarding FAQ's
Can I use this service with Virtual Receptionist?
You can, but bear in mind it can get very complicated using both together - so make sure you plan your setup before you start!
How many time plans can I have?
As many as you'd like.
Do my time plans need to be in a particular order?
Time plans at the top of the list will take priority over the ones below, so you'll need to bear this in mind if any of your time plans overlap.
We do allow you to drag and drop the time plans so you can make sure it works exactly as you want.
Can each time plan be completely unique?
They sure can. Each time plan is completely separate from the others, so you can set each one up exactly as you need.
Do I need to create a time plan for each day?
That depends on what set up you want for each day. If you wanted to have the same set up Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm, then you could create one time plan that covers all of these days.
If you want a particular day of the week to have a different setup, then you will need to create a separate time plan.