You don't have to be in the UK to receive inbound calls on our numbers; you can forward calls to a landline or mobile phone anywhere in the world.
But, your customer doesn't have to find out that their call is being answered outside the UK (unless you choose to tell them). By adding UK Ringtone to your number, they'll hear the same ringtone as if they were calling a number in their town.
- Play a UK ringtone whenever someone calls your TTNC number - no matter where in the world you are*
- Ensure your callers aren't put off by a foreign ringtone when they call your UK number
- Ideal for people who travel abroad a lot or have offices in other countries
How does UK Ringtone work?
- You want to provide a contact number for your UK customers, but you're not necessarily going to be in the UK to answer.
- Not wanting to confuse things with a foreign ringtone, you've activated the UK Ringtone on your number through myTTNC.
- Now your callers will always hear a UK Ringtone regardless of whether you're in the UK or not.
*Please note - This service only works with TTNC numbers. We are unable to apply UK Ringtone to a number that is not on our network.
Setting up UK Ringtone
As you can see from the screenshot above, using myTTNC to set up this service honestly couldn't be any easier. Simply toggle the ON/OFF switch to enable and disable the service. That's it.
As easy as UK Ringtone is to set up, we still have a set up guide on our Help Centre for you to read through (although it's a rather short read).
UK Ringtone FAQ's
I only need this service for 2 weeks while I'm on holiday - do I have to pay for a full month?
When you first purchase UK Ringtone you will pay a pro-rata charge for the remainder of the month. So long as you cancel before the renewal date, you won't have to pay any extra.
Do I need to turn off the service when I'm in the UK?
You can leave this service running all the time if you like. As you'll be on a UK network, your callers will just hear the standard ringtone.
Is there an additional cost involved with using this service abroad?
So long as you're forwarding to a UK landline or mobile, we won't charge you any extra to receive your calls.
However, your provider may charge you extra for receiving the calls outside the UK, so be sure to speak with them before taking your phone abroad.
Can I apply UK Ringtone to my mobile phone directly?
Unfortunately our services can only work with calls that come through our network, so it's not possible to apply this service to your mobile phone.
You could speak to your mobile provider to see if they can offer a similar service, but based on customer feedback, we're not aware of any one that does.
Ordering and adding UK Ringtone to your number
UK Ringtone can be added to a number individually from the store in myTTNC.
If you're not yet a TTNC customer, start looking for your number here. You can then complete your set up when you log in for the first time.Start the search for your number