Our Call Whisper service plays a short voice message to you (the receiver of the call) before connecting the caller with you.
This will help you quickly identify whether you're receiving a business or personal call so you can answer with the appropriate company greeting.
You don't need any extra hardware, our systems do the work for you and it will work with any handset.
- Know which of your TTNC numbers has been dialled when you answer the call
- Give a great first impression by answering your calls in the most appropriate manner
- Only you hear the whisper message, so the caller is unaware it's being played
- Great for people with multiple virtual numbers, or who use the same phone for both business and personal calls
How does Call Whisper work?
- A call comes in to your mobile; it could be someone calling it directly or it could be someone responding to an advert you've placed with our number in it.
- Just before you answer the call, if they have dialled our number that's in your advert, you'll hear a brief recorded message.
- This is a message you've created that lets you know straight away that they've dialled your business number.
Watch the Call Whisper setup guide (01:11)
Ordering a Call Management Package or Bolt On
First, you'll need to order a number by using our search tool below
Once you've found and selected a number, you'll be able to add a Package or Bolt On to your order.
Setting up Call Whisper
Using our online control panel, myTTNC, setting up Call Whisper is a doddle.
Simply select it from the list of services on your number and then choose a whisper message. It's as simple as that.
If you don't believe it could be that easy, then why not check out the step-by-step guide on setting up Call Whisper?
Buying Call Whisper and telephone numbers in bulk
Call Whisper presents an ideal solution to agencies that want to prove the value of their product or service to their customer. Businesses that supply advertising space, web designers and directory services, to name just a few, all make use of Call Whisper to make their customers aware of the calls they're generating for them.
If you're interested in a wholesale opportunity with TTNC, fill out the form on our Wholesale Telephone Numbers page and a member of the team will contact you to discuss this.
Call Whisper FAQ's
What if I wanted to see the number that's been dialled instead?
If you'd rather see which of your numbers has been dialled instead of hearing the whisper message, you should check out our Dialled Number Presentation service.
Will I still see the caller's number?
Yes - so long as it's not withheld of course. Call Whisper simply plays a message when you answer the call and has no effect on your handset's screen.
Can I record my own whisper message?
We provide you with a default whisper message, however we'd encourage you to record a bespoke one for each number.
Have a read through our help page on uploading a recording for more information. We'd suggest keeping the recording as short as possible so the caller isn't kept on hold for too long.
Does the caller hear the whisper message?
Only you hear the message when you answer the call. The caller will just continue to hear ringing until the whisper message has finished and the call connects.
When will I hear the whisper message?
We'll play the whisper message as soon as you answer the call.